Annons:
Etikettövrigt
Läst 2343 ggr
LinaOhkwali
2015-01-10 00:47

Native People in Sweden

Bild 1. Klicka för att öppna i full storlek.

She:koli!

My name is Karolina, and I'm Bear Clan of the Haudenosaunee (and Lenape) Nations in Ontario, Canada. I was born and raised in Sweden with my mom, but have spent the last 15+ years in Canada with my dad's side of the family.  I have a son, Kiowa, who is of Ojibwe and Potawatami heritage through his dad. 

I'm currently working at a Native cultural centre in downtown Toronto, where we offer culturally based programs to Native people from all walks of life (www.councilfire.ca). 

Later this year, in September, my son and I are moving back to Sweden (Stockholm area). I'm really hopeful that we can connect with other people of Native/Aboriginal/Indigenous/First Nations heritage in Scandinavia… Perhaps create an online community where we can share experiences and cultural knowledge :)

We're also part of the powwow community here in Canada, myself being a jingle dress dancer and my son is a junior boys' traditional. In my spare time I do a lot of leather and bead work, and would love to meet other Native people in Sweden who are into this as well… Would love to learn about your Nation/tribe/band, and of course share some laughs (we all got a crazy sense of humour, lol).

So if you're Native, or have a child or other family member who is, and who might want to be part of a circle of Native people in Scandinavia, feel free to send me an email: ohkwali@hotmail.com

Yaw^ko & Thanks!

:) Lina

Annons:
Upp till toppen
Annons: